Thursday, April 04, 2013

Eric Clapton...The 2013 Tour.


Photo Credit: Andrew Talbert Down South Productions 2013

There is always that moment in a show where something you hear takes you to a place and makes you remember the moment for a long time. That happened last night. I felt the release I needed, it had been a long day and the music took me away... The song of all those great ones? "Badge." It was incredible. The whole band participated. They were like candles around the star. Eric soared through the chords of this song and sang the parts like it was a well worn tire on a new journey. The guitar work was unbelievable. It was DAMN good. When the tears flow out of my eyes I know I have my moneys worth. Last night was a jackpot. 'Nuff said.

"Badge", written in 1969 with help from the likes of George Harrison and even Ringo Starr. It still rocks even today. Last night was incredible. I loved every moment of that show.

Eric was just 68 years old on March 30th. He is the master. Last night a huge building toasted him. "Crossroads" is coming in a week. What a story. He is a legend.

Until next time, I'll see you, down the road.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvUQqDVWi4


Thinkin bout the times you drove in my car.
Thinkin that I might have drove you too far.
And Im thinkin bout the love that you laid on my table.

I told you not to wander round in the dark.
I told you bout the swans, that they live in the park. (a drunk Ringo threw this line in...cool huh)
Then I told you bout our kid, now he's married to mabel.

Yes, I told you that the light goes up and down.
Don't you notice how the wheel goes round?
And you better pick yourself up from the ground
Before they bring the curtain down,
Yes, before they bring the curtain down.

Talkin bout a girl that looks quite like you.
She didn't have the time to wait in the queue.
She cried away her life since she fell off the cradle.